Featured post

Paano Mag-Change Status

Ilang Patnubay ng Kaibigan ang Kailangan” 1.  Facebook ang unang nakaalam bukod sa mga pamilya mo.            Kung hindi ka makamove on...

Monday 8 September 2014

Rebuke Flesh with Spirit of Love

Dear Ate Grace,
I absolutely understand how you're feeling right now in operating the centre/ school.  This is the exact shoes I am wearing over here.  Everyday there is indefinite circumstances we have to prioritize and give importance.  But no matter what or how, we have to composed ourselves for the betterment of organization we belonged to.  During the past days, sudden changes have come to me in your personal and professional manner.  Let me begin and give highlight with some facts.


I'll be glad to informed you about the last month's suggestion of Andrew on our management.  FYI, we had our formal meeting (re:  my pending share, expansion plans).  In our midst, he asked about the principal and wanted to know the newbies (MAP staff) and as always love to hear the plans.  I replied that no one yet replaced the position as per your updates.  Instead, I told him the transitions of Bev's level, updates on people I've acknowledged Wyleen (Teacher), Bev's classmate (Teacher) and Henry (Account/Bookeeper).  He wondered about Warren and the relationship of Henry to us.  He didn't know that Henry took over the place.  I backed you up by saying, "Sorry.  Grace, might overlooked to inform you Andrew but I am aware."  Perhaps, this position is very significant (as like the Principal) for us in which to safeguard MAP.  I need to be honest by then and without any further ado he explained his failed partnership before.  


His wisdom in giving this decision is very certain and peaceable.  He continued by saying, "it's because due to the close relationship with the investor, organization is in danger.  Higher ranks like Principal and seeing our finances should not be our relatives/ among friends".  I gradually understand that it's for the best interest of MAP.  I even asked him, "so Bev cannot be our future principal?". He responded firmly "NO, but teacher and friends to be admin is possible".  I got hurt but took it as a good learning point.  Thinking, who else would show the amount of effort, except within us.  Nevertheless, he made me realized it shall be for our company's objectives. 


Firstly, I email you today to give an impression that I am not happy with the attitude you are showing to us.  (As a matured Christian/individual, we know that this is a Biblical practice that whoever got offended, must be the first to approach.)  I am very disappointed with what's happening with you there.  Whatever problem it is we must face with calm mind and humble heart.  It should attest how good is our character eventhough not to our own comfort.  Hence, personally I always pray for you every night.


I've gone through battling on my flesh (and you knew those) so I love you as my sister in Christ and for being my Ate Grace.  I would like to relay that, when we are not in His presence and indulging ourself with sins, He will be against us.  He is God of love however don't forget He is also God of wrath.  We might lose wonderful people around us or cut the richness of blessings that we're supposed to enjoy... at the end for us to seek only His presence and glory.  I could have my own faults and you've embraced me still.  So for whatever heaviness with/in me, I would like to apologize for my shortcomings and mistakes.  I guess I don't need to quote Bible verses coz you are smart enough to know the basic questions of "right" or "wrong"?  But the plentious knowledge and understanding is always in vain if we don't put in action.  If we won't return under His throne and repent.


Pastor Nap too, has been haunting me many times about you.  He said, he felt the burden from you and loves to see you.  I often smiled and said, "Ptr, kontakin niyo lang po direct si Ate at baka busy lang" and I think he did tried many times.  Now that I have opened up my personal feelings toward you, with clear conscience and clarity of my mind, I'd like to direct more on the details below. 

Secondly, as a "working partner", I ought to know what is happening there.  It's my rights and our responsibilities to update the smallest details.  Your voice and clients feedback, management advancement / goal-setting, everything as possible.  Here, I will draw a line during this discussion to "professional" and nothing about "personal".  

(1) Leader and Learner:  You are on the top management, everyone is looking above you and consequently you should feed those underneath you: through your knowledge, support and wise-decision.  There is an anonymous person who uttered, "If there is a high turnover of the staff, look back at the manager."  

We are building leaders of community or nurture future heroes in MAP, being this as a platform we act as an active learner, a continuous learner.  We must pair-share (management-staff) and guide them to have a group sharing (teacher-teachers) and goes back to MAP (staff-management) who benefit most for development.  Thus, we are learner-centered (part of it are staff down to clients), whatever we have given/ shed them, we'll see that it pays-off.


Moreover, as concerned owner, boss or superior (whatever you want to call), you will have to reach them especially during difficult times.  I have told you this before that we don't go on traditional approach where boss need to be pampered and treated well.  People who work within us must feel we are reliable and dependable (always).  Sad truth, they can give all their complaints but not us either show to them.  We are servant leader and go to the deepest pain and understand the behaviour of staff.  This way, the efficiency of their work or your tasks will be no longer "good" but "great".  Delegation and execution is much easier, with willingness and with their automatic responses will follow. 

(2) Meetings and Memos:  I hate my boss when he's physically present but channels the information thru text messages, emails and memos.  Less or without a word at all.  This is why many of us leave in the company/ organization and therefore lots of company has been officially closed in a short period.  You've once became a staff, imagine Andrew is within your reach but he keeps sending email or circulating memos which is just beside you.  You will feel confused, misguided, uneased.  They don't deserve this kind of treatment and it's totally unacceptable.

The previous culture you have established such every other day and/or every Friday meeting is good enough to build strong rapport.  This manner, you will be able to give informative criticism, compliment on successful events/ praise major activities that have done or we can hear their concerns, care, commitment and cry.  Don't draw shaded lines with you to them.  

(3)  Limitations and Non-Participation:  Ever since, you have stated that academics and curriculum are your weakness but willing to learn.  You could have no time sheet there and we won't really encourage to clock-in and out our staff but just be responsible.  Well, I do not understand why you can't give your valuable time or forgot details that you've mastered for two years i.e. overseeing the events, giving high morale for staff and necessary steps.  The burning fire and eagerness of overcoming your weaknesses has been eaten up.  Do you have any other problems than these, I am available for a skype call?  Hope it won't cease too long, as seriously affecting our people.  So, I plead you to show previous enthusiasm and passion at work.  It's not healthy physically, mentally and emotionally to all of you.

Lastly, I hope this a wake up call for us, a shot in the arm.  I come to you personally so I won't bypass you.  When it doesn't solved between us, I have to call for witnesses, a three or more.  I will seek help from the Board of Directors, concerned person (if any) and take prompt actions or worst withdraw from this unhealthy relationship being a working partner.

I urge you, try to ask all the staff until when they would like to serve MAP?  Only by then, we can also plan ahead that big, that much and implement our mission.  Without you there now, is a chaos.  Without the people working to realized our goals are more chaotic.

We won't sacrifice this hard earned investment due to our pride. We shouldn't ruin this dream for the sake of temporal desire.  We can rebuilt respect and direct back again our people.  We must think always for the best interest of MAP, our long lived advocacy is not to have self-fulfillment or self-proof.



Looking forward hearing from you soon, to persists our legacy.

Sealed with prayers,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment