Featured post

Paano Mag-Change Status

Ilang Patnubay ng Kaibigan ang Kailangan” 1.  Facebook ang unang nakaalam bukod sa mga pamilya mo.            Kung hindi ka makamove on...

Monday 17 November 2014

How to Earn More When You Live Less?

"Filipinos in SG are living just like 
an average employee in PH."

I arrived in Singapore (SG) 19 April 2010 when I decided to stop my Master in Guidance and Counseling degree (one year)...when I thought of earning money than spending into education in Philippines (PH).  For me, I realized to study further means delaying the things what I can do as a young professional and help my own family in our financial status.  (Not in many, that when they continue to study, opportunities are much greater ahead of them).  I promised and prayed that "never go back to PH without job here".  Ironically, people knew I was on vacation. 

God is good.  I remember when I told my office seatmate's that I will be an OFW at aged 23, God forget not.  I turned 23 on 2010 and I was here in SG to test my faith.  After few days of my job hunting and searching on the internet, I was flooded by the interview and got hired by the companies.  The challenging is if Ministry of Manpower (MoM) in SG will approved my pass to stay?  God is really good as I can work for two years after I received SMS that I passed! 

It was not an easy road, not for me and for many who started to work 5 years ago.  They have various stories to tell and undiscovered sacrifices they have made.  Likewise, I slept at the sofa of my family friend to survive in the next 3 to 6mos.  When I got the regular status in the company, I decided to move to a much nearer where 3 persons in one room.  It is somewhere like living a bedspacer in Metro Manila.  It still lingers in my mind to do my career and personal goals, so I took all these challenges.

In Singapore, you can taste the foods from all walks of culture.  However, during those times I have to buy a two dollar hotdog or nasi lemak or chicken rice that's equivalent to a student meal or a somai with rice in PH.  I remember when I was on college, we used to buy those very cheap street foods.  In SG, yes I also do that to survive, together with my dear filled water bottle. 

Transportation is a "need" here.  Only when your Ez-link has "top-up" or load, then you can travel.  Walking is also best option only if you are within 1km.  Unlike in, PH some can do "1-2-3 Takbo" or riding a jeepney without paying.

How did I plan?

My earnings are traditionally done with 80/20 portion.  The 20% will  be given to my Charity Account where it is subdivided into my tithes and offering as 10%; people who ask for unexpected circumstances and personal accounts.

The 80% will definitely my all other expenses.  Aside from paying Public Utility Bills (PUB), Phone Bills, House Rental, to top-up my Ez-Link Card for whole month transportation and allowance for my Cheat Day/ Medical Expenses, I do prioritize my family.  Within my priorities are parents who are undergoing medical treatment and taking supplement, my scholar who's our youngest.  The rest I put on my saving to faithfully to realized my dreams.

I remember to finance my dream of putting up preschool is a year.  Every month was S$350 to S$500 (or Php10,200 to Php17,000).  This will also deprived me from going party every Friday night though I was not really into it.  What I mean to making an opportunity for you to spend on temporal happiness.  So then, the second year was a continuous sacrifices even until the school is initiating there.


IF I DIDN'T REALIZED THESE THINGS EARLIER ON, I WILL BE THE SAME OTHER EMPLOYEES LIVING OVERSEAS, WITHOUT NOTHING BACK HOME.  I WILL REMAIN AS HUMAN MECHANICAL THAT WORKS FOR DUE BILLS OR DEBTS EVERY MONTH.  I HOPE TO SEMI-RETIRED WHEN I REACHED 35 YEARS OLD.  MORE TIME WITH MY OWN FAMILY AND MANAGING ESTABLISHED BUSINESSES.

No comments:

Post a Comment